Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Editing Blog: Music

      Today I finished the initial editing process with adding my scores in. I actually ended up using three different scores. This was because I wanted a variety of music that matched each of my scenes. This was the shortest part of editing the film except for finding the free music. Finding the right music for my film that was also free of copyright was a challenge. I added the most ominous music in the beginning of the first scene. I think that with all of the editing techniques I included my opening sequence looks far better. After I completed editing, I transferred my film to a different laptop. After this I plugged in a flash drive and exported my project onto there. This is an important step for peer reviewing.
      When looking for music I had to make sure that the songs matched my film genre. Since I chose the horror genre, the only music I included was dark and scary. There is a common theme between my footage, titles, and the music I presented. After editing in my transitions, my film shrunk in size by a few seconds. This worked out in my favor since my opening sequence was actually a little over the time limit. I didn’t include a score throughout each scene, but music is incorporated a good amount. One complication I can across was the quality of my video downgraded after transferring the footage to a different device. While searching for music, there were some songs that I would’ve preferred to use if they were free. Even though I originally thought that two scores would be efficient I am glad that I chose to go with three. Now it’s time to peer review and then I will revise my product for the final time.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment