Sunday, March 1, 2020

Editing Blog: Transitions

     



      Today I began the editing process of my film starting with transitions. Since I chose the horror genre my transitions included many fade outs. I tried to put transitions that matched each scene and the lighting. I can already see the improvements with my opening sequence with the added editing techniques. Adding transitions really allows the film to flow better. I also started to look for free music that I could use as my score. I didn’t run into complications with adding the transitions to my film. I will begin to edit in the titles that I have planned with black and white coloring. I plan to use only two fonts in total. While choosing transitions there was a huge selection to choose from and I was unsure at first which one to use.
      I only used 3-4 different transitions in all of the opening film. This is because I thought those would look best in between the scenes. I have two parts left to finish for the editing process. Adding music and titles will complete my initial product. I have already chosen a few songs to select from and plan to pick a couple of them soon. Then I will upload the project to my flash drive to peer review. One thing that was frustrating while editing was that I was unable to add a split screen since the timing on the videos that I filmed was incorrect. I then had to improvise and just put the two clips next to each other rather than on the same screen. Other than that, I am glad about how my film looks so far. I also look forward to getting feedback from my class to better the film opening for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment