Friday, January 17, 2020

Deception

      I started off with three pitches that I had chosen originally. I decided to choose from my first two pitches instead of going through with my third one. The last idea was about a kidnapping incident where the girl named Jane escapes with useful information.  My first pitch describes two friends who stumble upon a rubik’s cube and then they discover that completing a side of the square allows you to travel to a different location. My second pitch is a woman decides to move in with a roommate only to realize she is not who she claims to be. I believe that this is a good idea overall regarding films, however, incorporating scenes that intrigue the audience may be difficult since I am only capturing the introduction of the movie. My second pitch is good for this assignment because it is placed in the horror genre. The genre’s conventions are similar in each of these films and they have a tendency to keep the audience at the edge of their seat. My third pitch was a decent idea except I can imagine that many people are creating a similar product. With my second idea, I can include my own twist to enhance the scenes as well as the elements needed in the first two minutes of the film.
      My first pitch was very close when deciding which idea I was going to follow through with. This has never been done before to my knowledge, and I would consider viewing the movie personally if it was. Although , I do believe that shooting the introduction for this would be challenging in order to get my message across. Some movies tend to drag along or pick up the pace towards the middle to end of the film. This can make creating an introduction difficult when coming up with complex storylines. Not to mention, if movies showed their best scenes during the beginning a selection of people would become disinterested shortly after. This option is not impossible to accomplish, however I have decided that there are better options to choose from. By utilizing the techniques I have gathered, completing my second pitch is my current goal. There are many reasons that I have chosen this idea. Starting with the mood or feeling of the movie genre.
      I have chose my second pitch for the project that I am doing since I am able to use many camera angles, movements, and shots. Also the lighting and music will be major when completing my final product. I have watched many horror movies as well, an I have been inspired to create my own for people to enjoy watching. I believe that this option is also the most realistic out of the three of my pitches which is also a valid reason to stick with this one. Both of the other ideas also aren’t as simple which puts them at a disadvantage. Not only do I have experience with watching scary movies, I have also had experience with filming a few scenes of my own many years ago. Creating a movie that is visually appealing to the audience is very important because they are the main reason why the films are made. I have a general idea of how I am going to start the introduction and how I am going to organize the credits in my film. I decided to name my movie Deception since Jenny’s roommate deceives her into believing she is someone that she is not. I will begin to create a storyboard/blueprint of the scenes that I plan to include this following week.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment