Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting the Final Task

      My name is Amanda, and I am currently in my sophomore year of high school. I enjoy listening to music when I have the time, along with discovering new places that I’ve never been before. I have always thought of the beach as my second home. Everyday I prepare to learn something new and try to better myself in some way, shape, or form. My favorite time of the year is summer because there are less rainy days and more opportunities to spend my time doing what I love. Drawing has started to make a larger impact on me, and it allows me to let my creativity flow. I have many favorite movies, but if I had to choose one it would be Inception. I enjoyed this movie since it explored REM sleep and how the mind works which is very interesting to me. This school year has been going at a rapid speed and I have learned many new things in various backgrounds. For this project, I am working with myself to complete the introduction to my very own movie.
      In particular, I have learned a large amount of useful information in my Media Studies class. I have learned how to define camera angles, shots, and movements as well as how to incorporate them into my own product. Not only this, but I have also learned about Mis En Scene, storyboarding, and the different types of sound found in a film. I learned about the editing process and how to enhance each scene by adding adjustments. This is what I am most talented at since I have taken three technology classes in my past and I’m familiar with all different kinds of software. I want to pursue photography in the near future, and this class has also opened me up to how to capture the perfect shot. Each of these things are important to include in a film especially when seeking for a visually appealing product. Another concept that I learned, is how to assess questions regarding an excerpt. I can successfully apply the techniques I have obtained to create an original project that attracts the audience. Most recently, I have learned how to define a pitch along with coming up with my own.
      A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. In simpler terms, this describes an idea for a film created to give a general description and a guideline to follow. The first pitch that I came up with is two friends stumble upon a rubik’s cube and discover that completing a side of the square allows you to travel to a different location. This was just a start and an option to choose from. Our next pitch describes a woman named Jenny who decides to move in with a roommate only to realize she is not who she claims to be. This idea would be categorized in the horror genre of film making. Our final pitch is a girl by the name of Jane is kidnapped by a prison escapee and escapes successfully with useful information. I believe that this is not a bad idea, however it may be difficult to make an introduction that attracts the reader without spoiling major parts of the film.



No comments:

Post a Comment