Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Title Research: Art of the Title Website

At this time, I am currently researching titles for the project that I am in the process of. As I was searching for different examples I stumbled upon two websites that are credible and useful. The first website that I found is known as “www.artofthetitle.com”. More specifically, I decided to conduct some research because I plan to create my own opening sequence and this website can provide ideas and techniques for my product. When you search this website, the first thing that comes up is the homepage with a mini selection of title sequences from the past year. You have the option to select whatever genre and movie you want through the search bar. The website allows you to choose from either title sequences and designers/studios. I researched the horror genre on here, since this is the genre I picked for my own product. When I searched the genre up a variety of suggestions popped up and there were many films to choose from. On the bottom of each film, the type of media is shown to distinguish each of them. This is useful since we are only allowed to use movie examples and this website provides other film types. The website has a mix of interviews and summary’s especially for the genre that I have chosen. I have learned that editing is a major role for film and it has the ability to intrigue the audience during the start of the film. I have also learned that titles can be placed towards the end of the movie rather than at the beginning. I look forward to researching further by utilizing the other website that I found.

No comments:

Post a Comment