Thursday, February 20, 2020

Filming Blog: Beginning

      For the past few day’s, I have started the beginning scenes of my opening sequence. I have made some progress and I have utilized my planning as a guideline. Personally, I am not acting in the film so my job is behind the camera. I have found that it’s a challenge to capture the moment perfectly as to what I imagine it to be. I have not filmed any scenes so far that include dialogue, so I have been mainly focusing on the visuals in the shots I’ve filmed. I have about two more weeks to complete the initial filming process, so I have been using my time wisely to ensure that I don’t run out of time. Although I have created similar projects to this one, this is the only one that has structure. Also, this is the first project where I chose to work solo so this has made the process slightly more difficult. I made sure to take multiple shots of the same scene allowing me to choose from many options if needed. A lot can go wrong when you are filming such as the lighting or sound.
      First I filmed the scenes that sort of set the plot in place for the audience to have a better understanding. The first scene was an over the shoulder shot of my sister or “Jenny” looking onto her laptop to find a roommate. I picked her costume and props along with producing the actual scene. We worked on another scene for a while that introduces her getting ready for a walk. This scene was important for the climax to begin showing the sign that she found. We filmed these two shots over and over again until I decided that we had created the perfect scenes. I have 17 scenes left to film as of now and I plan to continue working hard to make my product. I have also started to search for a score that matches the scenes I have filmed. I will begin filming again with a two shot of the only two characters presented in my sequence. I have been focused on completing this project and will work to complete the initial film by the beginning of next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment