Monday, February 24, 2020

Filming Blog: Two shots

      Today I filmed a few scenes that began the plot of my opening sequence. The scenes showed Jennifer and Layla’s first encounter (that Jenny knows of). Another over the shoulder shot of Jenny is included of her touring the house for the initial time. As she enters the place the shot is presented in a high angle. This was difficult to capture since I had to film from above and couldn’t see how the shot looked until the aftermath. Luckily, I took a couple shots of each scene to ensure that I have a shot with the correct lighting, sound, etc. Most of the scenes that I filmed had dialogue except for one of them. The lighting in each of these scenes still seem bright until the action starts. In one scene in particular I included a transition from a red solo cup to Layla plotting for the future. In another shot a split screen is shown to show the two characters having a conversation.
      As the director, I enjoy seeing my work come to life especially since I planned the story out myself. There have been a few obstacles that I have faced with trying to capture the correct lighting or other things along that line. The location for these scenes have changed from the previous scenes that I’ve filmed. These scenes show Jenny making her final decision about moving in and they all take place at Layla’s apartment. I am content with the scenes that I have filmed so far and I know that with editing they will meet my expectations. The next scenes I will film will have little to no lighting since the power will shut down. This will be challenging compared to the last scenes I have filmed since the lights will be dim making it harder to capture the right lighting. I will begin to film the rest of my project for the next two days. Then I will edit the whole project to finish up the initial process. I look forward to continuing my progress to finish my product.

No comments:

Post a Comment