Thursday, February 6, 2020

Planning Blog:Sound Scripts

 

This blog includes all of the sound that is presented in my film opening sequence. Each scene is listed and paired with the sound that I plan to use during them. For example, I discuss how I use voiceovers , non diegetic sound, and dialogue to enhance the scenes throughout the film. My opening begins with ominous music and ends with a sound motif to warn the audience and dialogue to keep them on the edge of their seat in the final scene. There are two scores that I decided to use and both of them leave the audience in suspense. Having this layout of my sound script is very useful and important for the filming process of my product and will help me stay on track with the ideas for sound that I have come up with. This script is also important for the editing process, in cases where I will have to add sound effects and music to specific parts of the movie. This is just one step of two for planning the overall script of my project and will be partnered with my shooting script where I plan to brainstorm what shots/movements will be used along with lighting and the actual plan for each scene. Sound is also included in this because especially in the horror genre sound plays a major role in maintaining the mood of a scene. Now, I have a guideline to follow for the sound in my film and I look forward to having a completed plan for my final product of my opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment